How We’re Different
Home energy efficiency is a popular topic these days but it is a complicated landscape. Our knowledge and experience in the industry sets us apart in a number of ways:
Reputation and Experience
- Since 2008, Next Step LivingTM has been inside over 38,000 homes to make them more comfortable and energy efficient. We currently conduct over 1,600 assessments every month in the Eastern U.S.
- Next Step LivingTM has established a solid track record and forged partnerships with some of the leading companies, government agencies, nonprofits and community groups interested in lowering energy consumption.
- Our partners include Mass Audubon, Harvard University, Boston University, EMC, Raytheon, Genzyme, Akamai, Staples, IRS and Department of Transportation.
- We also collaborate with companies such as Fujitsu, Sunrun, Soft-Lite and the National Association of Home Builders to ensure best practices and best product offerings.
- Next Step LivingTM provides free onsite educational sessions and works with utilities to lower the cost of home assessments.
- We work with schools, church groups, employers and other organizations to help members learn about efficiency.
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino chose us as the city’s partner in the massive Renew Boston program.
- We’ve provided free energy efficiency retrofits for more than 11,000 middle income residents in Boston.
- Next Step LivingTM is a provider under statewide Mass Save and nationwide Energy STAR programs.
Committed to Local Employment
Energy efficiency means local employment. We’ve created over 500 jobs since 2008 despite a severe downturn in construction.
Our employees receive competitive salaries, benefits, bonuses and opportunities for advancement. We plan to replicate this model in our new markets.
Green jobs? 64,000 have been created in Massachusetts alone.
Next Step LivingTM believes that energy efficiency will play a fundamental role in achieving a number of goals that will benefit individuals, communities and the country. By working together, we can achieve more than we ever expected.
We are a company that is socially conscious, environmentally aware and results driven.
Next Step LivingTM was founded with three core values in mind. It is these values that drive Next Step LivingTM to continually succeed in fulfilling our commitment.
We are professional in every aspect of our organization. This begins with our staff in the field whose expertise is only matched by their respect for the homeowner and love for their work. Furthermore, our professional approach as an organization enables us to build trusting relationships with companies, communities, and utilities.
Whether we are saving money or saving the climate, our work is important and we must take a rigorous approach to every aspect of our service. A scientific understanding is the basis behind the analysis we perform, the recommendations we make, and the savings we achieve.
Every home we serve is an opportunity to educate and excite somebody about the possible economic and environmental benefits of energy efficiency. We hope that when our customers think about how they improved their home, community, and planet, they will also think about their positive experience with Next Step LivingTM.
Navigating a convoluted utility and contractor landscape is not a simple task – that is why we are here. Making the process simple and seamless is what sets us apart, and therefore, customer satisfaction is our top priority.
We track customer satisfaction metrics extensively and strive to continually improve performance, which is why 98% of our customers would recommend us to a friend. Whether you want to stop drafts in your house or remodel your living space with sustainable and healthy materials, our professionals will guide you through each step of the process, ensuring that you get the results you want.
We focus on building relationships beyond the home that allow us to reach out to local residents within communities, to create sustainable local green jobs, and to bring a cost effective service to those who need it most.
We work with municipalities, employers, community organizations, and utility providers to expand our network and maximize our impact. It is through this approach that we are able to offer Mass Save to all MA homeowners and Renew Boston to income eligible Boston residents.
We hold ourselves to the highest quality standards, whether it’s our customer service, our work in your home, or our involvement in the community.
We are a full service air sealing, insulation, and beyond company and we hold ourselves accountable for delivering the highest quality workmanship.